Author Archives: Kimling L.
South by Southwest (SXSW), the annual interactive, film and music festival in Austin, Texas, has come and gone. There was a lot to take in while we were there, but perhaps the most important thing we learned was that SXSW offers endless networking opportunities. The ability to connect with industry insiders on your trek between a Jay-Z show and a start-up session is a valuable job skill to know. So, before your next conference, industry event or local mixer, we recommend you consider these five tips when networking.
- Be flexible: Too many plans could weigh you down, and perhaps cause you to…
Timeline is rolling out to all users within the next few weeks. In fact, in some parts of the world, like New Zealand, everyone has the Timeline. So continues the moaning and groaning as we attempt to understand updates. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Meltwater has compiled a few tips and tricks to mastering the timeline and using it both effectively and professionally.
Cover Photo: Make sure to display a clear and captivating cover photo. This image is the gateway to your profile, especially for those who aren’t friends with you. It’s the most prominent new feature, and when…
Social media has changed the way we communicate and the way we consume our news. So, naturally, it has changed the way we approach marketing… but how? Meltwater has rounded up the top five ways social media has revolutionized traditional marketing:
- Understanding Your Audience: Social media has allowed brands to understand their audience in real-time. Whether it’s a poll among Facebook fans or live feedback on Twitter, there are countless ways social media has provided the opportunity to listen. So, as long as brands and companies don’t do all of the talk, they can use the conversation as a great tool…
LinkedIn is a social network built around professional networking. Adding colleagues, past and present, friends in related industries, old classmates, mentors and more could not only point you in the right direction, it could completely change your career. So, what are you waiting for? If you’re not already on LinkedIn, join! And if you are, Meltwater has come up with 5 easy tips to spruce up your profile. Check out the slideshare below:
First, however, get to know your social media “don’t-do” list.
- Don’t just hit up Monster and Craigslist like other job seekers
- Don’t mass email your resume
- Don’t use the same template cover letter
Now, get to know what you should do. Check out the five tips to get you started:
- Check out Mashable Jobs
- Network on LinkedIn
- Search Twitter
- Visit the MediaBistro Job Board
- Join a Facebook Group